What is the Religious Worker Visa and how to apply for it? – Move To America
Home / Immigration / What is the Religious Worker Visa and how to apply for it?

What is the Religious Worker Visa and how to apply for it?

The Religious Worker Visa, more popular as the R visa, is for you if you want to enter the US on religious grounds on a provisional basis. In order to apply for this visa, you must possess an authorization of a recognized religious entity to carry out religious worship and perform the associated responsibilities that are normally carried out by the ministers of your religion. This visa also covers individuals employed in a religious profession or job.

In order to apply for the Religious Worker Visa, you must be a worker of a religious entity acknowledged as a genuine non-profit religious entity in the United States. The religious organization and its associated entities must be immune to taxation or be qualified to get immunity from tax.

Furthermore, the applicant must have remained a member of the religious organization for at least two years at the time of applying for the R visa. The purpose of your visit to the US must be to work as a preacher of the religion or in a religious profession in a non-profit religious organization.

In case you have already been in this category for the last 5 years, you must not be living in or be physically present in the US in the year before applying for the R visa. The applicant must have the intention to leave the US after the expiry of the legal status.

Your potential employer in the US must file the Form I-129 with the USCIS in order to have your case processed. Be sure that your potential employer submits the application as early as possible, so it can be processed in a timely manner. However, it should not be filed more than six months prior to the initiation of your proposed engagement in the US.

Build your new life in the U.S.

Start Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *