Have you ever thought about investing in real estate in the U.S.? Here are some great tips for you to help you make the first step toward a wise investment in the U.S.
1. Never invest in a property without checking the area around it. There are plenty of websites and places where you can find out exactly where the property is located and what the general condition of the surrounding population is.
2. The U.S. is huge – there are large areas that are not populated or have been abandoned, and it is therefore imperative to examine the neighborhood carefully and find out what the percentage of empty homes is.
3. Always look into the prices of similar properties in the area.
4. It is important to check the infrastructure around the property (anchors), for example:
- Parks and recreational areas
- Public transport
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Employment options
- Shopping centers and malls
5. Make sure the property is renovated and meets American standards for rental apartments (in some states, escrow cannot be closed without the apartment being certified by a city inspector).
6. Take outlying and upkeep expenses into account. For this reason, it is important to be regularly in touch with the management company that is handling the property and to be aware that sometimes things don’t go smoothly. There could be delays, repairs needed, tenants who don’t pay, etc.
Build your new life in the US!