Nonimmigrant NAFTA visa for Canadian and Mexican citizens – Move To America
Home / Immigration / Nonimmigrant NAFTA visa for Canadian and Mexican citizens

Nonimmigrant NAFTA visa for Canadian and Mexican citizens

Foreigner is not allow to enter USA. America first policy.

Generally speaking, a foreign citizen that wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a valid visa. The visa can either be a nonimmigrant visa valid for a temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence.

According to an agreement that The North American Free Trade (NAFTA) has created, there are some special economic and trade relationships between the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows all citizens from Mexico and Canada to work in the United States in different prearranged business activities. Please keep in mind that permanent residents of Mexico and Canada cannot apply for TN visas to work as NAFTA professionals.

How to apply for a TN visa?

There are several steps to follow in order to apply for a visa. Depending on the U.S Embassy you’re applying at, the steps and their order will also vary.

Online visa application

In order to apply for a TN visa you must:

  • Complete the online visa application
  • Print the application form confirmation page and bring to your scheduled interview

There are cases when interviews are not necessary to be taken by certain applicants such as:

  • People being 13 years of age and younger
  • 80 years of age and older

For people between 14 and 79, most certainly the immigration officers will schedule an interview.

Build your new life in the U.S.
Start Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *