It would take a maximum of 90 days for the US Embassy or Consulate to process your H, L, O, P, or Q visa application. The application fee for all of these visa types is $90. Be sure to pay the fee and submit the following application items for the H, L, O, P, or Q visa:
- DS-160 Form. If you don’t know about the DS-160, you may visit the USCIS website for more information
- A valid passport. Your passport must be acceptable for traveling to the US with a validity of 6 months more than the time you want to live in the US
- A recent photo (51x51mm) in the required format
- There may be an extra visa issuance fee for people of specific nationalities if the visa is issued
- L-1 applicants on a blanket petition are required to pay a fraud prevention and detection fee
- The receipt number on the I-129 petition
Besides the above items, the H, L, O, P, or Q visa applicants are required to bring along their interview appointment confirmation page in order to prove an appointment has been made for the interview. If you have any documents you think would support your case, be sure to bring them along and show them to the consular officer.
Remember, all H, L, O, P and Q visa applicants are required to have a petition approved by the USCIS. Make sure to approve the Form I-129 prior to applying for a work visa. As the petition gets approved, your employer or agent will get a notification in this regard. However, keep in mind that an approved petition does not mean you have been guaranteed a visa. You may be denied a visa if you don’t meet the specific eligibility requirements.
Build your new life in the U.S.