Americans are no stranger to wealth and fortune. According to Forbes, the 400 richest people in the U.S are worth $2.29 trillion, the same as the gross domestic product of Brazil. Under these circumstances, it’s no wonder that so many dream about scoring big in America. Here are 10 examples you should follow:
- Bill Gates is the wealthiest American for the 21st year in a row. The 59-year-old co-founder of Microsoft has no less than $81 billion.
- Warren Buffet has been number 2 since 2001. With a net worth of $44 billion, he may be the richest grandpa in the world. The so-called “oracle of Omaha” is now 81 years old.
- Larry Ellison had an early life far from perfect. He has never met his biological father and was raised by a relative, in a middle class household. Those days are far and the founder of Oracle has now an estate of $53 billion.
- Charles and David Koch (4-5). The Koch brothers have $42 billion each and it’s highly unlikely that their wealth will shrink any time soon.
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com, has managed to gather $30.5 billion. Last year, the company received a Golden Globes award for its original television series, “Transparent”.
- Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg and former New York mayor for three consecutive terms, has a net worth of $35 billion.
- Christy Walton is the wealthiest woman in the world, thanks to a $38 billion estate, mostly inherited from her husband.
- Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire on the Forbes 10. The founder of Facebook has a net worth of $34 billion.
- Jim Walton, another member of the richest family in the world, is the youngest child of Wal-Mart’s founder, Sam Walton. The superstore generated $473 billion in 2014 revenues and $36 billion went to Jim’s bank account.
Want to start a new life in the U.S.?