45 foreign-born billionaires have made their fortune in America, according to FORBES Magazine.
Led by Russian-born Sergey Brin with a net worth of $34.4 billion, the list includes also George Soros, an Hungarian immigrant who became business magnate and Jan Koum, the co-founder of messaging application WhatsApp.
According to the Kauffman Foundation, one in four of all technology and engineering companies created in the U.S. between 2006 and 2010 were founded by foreign-born entrepreneurs.
Here are 10 of the foreign-born billionaires in the U.S:
- Sergey Brin, $34.4 billion, Russia.
- George Soros, $24.9 billion, Hungary.
- Len Blavatnik, $15.3 billion, Ukraine.
- Patrick Soon-Shiong, $11.9 billion, South Africa.
- Thomas Peterffy, $11.1, billion Hungary.
- Elon Musk, $10.7 billion, South Africa.
- Rupert Murdoch, $10.6 billion, Australia.
- Jan Koum, $8.6 billion, Ukraine.
- Pierre Omidyar, $7.2 billion, France.
- Hansjoerg Wyss, $6.1 billion, Switzerland.
Build a new future in the U.S.