There are two major categories of US visas: immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Below are the top 6 popular US visas (3 from each category).
Most popular non-immigrant visas
1. B-1/B-2: The B-1 and B-2 are for people who want to travel to the US for the purpose of tourism, business, or both. The B-1 covers business visit whereas the B-2 covers leisure/tourism. If the purpose of your visit is a combination of business and leisure, you may be issued a combo of B-1/B-2 visas.
2. F-1/M-1: If you are a student who wants to visit the US to pursue his or her education at an academic institution, you would be required to apply for the F-1/M-1 visa. It is one of the most popular non-immigrant visas. After completing your studies in the US, you will have sixty days to exit the country if you have an F-1/M-1 visa.
3. J-1: The J-1 visa is for individuals who want to take part in cultural exchange programs in the US. It is mostly issued to interns, temporary workers, trainees, cultural exchange students, and teachers.
Most popular immigrant visas
4. IR-1 and CR-1: The IR-1 and CR-1 visas are for the foreign spouses of US citizens. If you are a foreigner who has been in wedlock with a US citizen for no longer than 2 years, you will get a CR-1 visa to enter the US. On the other hand, if you are a foreigner who has been married to a US citizen for more than 2 years, you would be required to get an IR-1 visa to immigrate to the US.
5. IR-2 and CR-2: If you are the child of a US citizen and aged below 21 years and want to immigrate to the US, you may qualify for the IR-2 and CR-2 visa.
6. IR-3: The IR-3 is issued to foreign orphans adopted by US citizens. It is also one of the most popular US immigrant visas.
Build your new life in the U.S.Start Here