Top 5 states with the highest number of children living with immigrant parents – Move To America
Home / Magazine / Top 5 states with the highest number of children living with immigrant parents

Top 5 states with the highest number of children living with immigrant parents

children living in the United Sttaes

There are millions of children who are currently living in the United States and whose parents, or at least one of them, is immigrant. Only in 2015, over 17.5 million younger than 18 years old children had at least one immigrant parent from the total of 70 million living in the U.S. Over 88 percent of all second-generation children are the ones who were born in the United States to at least one immigrant parent. The other 12 percent are children who were born outside the U.S to foreign born parents.

Between 1990 and 2000 the total number of children under the age of 18 with immigrant parents, grew to over 60 percent. From almost 8.2 million, to over 13 million. On the other hand, between 2000 and 2015, this number grew by almost 50 percent! From 10.4 million to over 15 million.

Where do these children live?

These last few years, the top five states with the highest number of children under the age of 18 having at least one immigrant parent, are:

  1. California containing almost 50 percent of the total number of children living there
  2. Nevada, with almost 38 percent
  3. New Jersey with almost 37 percent
  4. Texas with 35 percent of total children
  5. New York with 35 percent too

The top five states with the highest number of children living with immigrant parents are:

  1. Texas with almost 800,000 children
  2. Florida with almost 340,000 children
  3. Georgia with 280,000
  4. North Carolina with almost 230,000 children
  5. New Jersey with over 181,000

Build your new life in the U.S.
Start Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *