Three types of US student visa you should know about – Move To America
Home / Immigration / Three types of US student visa you should know about

Three types of US student visa you should know about

United States Education Concept

With some of the most prestigious universities in the world, it’s no wonder that the United States is one of the top study destinations for scholars everywhere. The visa application can seem difficult for first-time candidates but in reality, it’s just a matter of getting the documents right. But before you begin your academic journey you need to know what type of student visa you need.

There are three types of U.S. visa for students. All of them have basically the same application process, that is, an online application and a face-to-face interview, but each serves a certain purpose.

The F-1 visa is the most common, suitable for most international students in the U.S. Those who wish to enroll in university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, or another academic institution should apply for an F-1 visa. Language training programs are also included in this category.

The M-1 visa is suitable for students who wish to study at a vocational or other non-academic institution, other than a language training program.

Finally, the J-1 visa is designed for students following a study or work exchange program. Students earning credits in the U.S. as part of their degree program, visiting professors, and interns fall under this category.

Build your new life in the U.S.
Start Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *