How to remove the conditions on marriage green card (I-751) – Move To America
Home / Immigration / How to remove the conditions on marriage green card (I-751)

How to remove the conditions on marriage green card (I-751)

immigrate to usa

The Form 1-751 is for individuals holding a conditional Green Card and want to get a regular Green Card. The form is for specific individuals who acquired a conditional Green Card by marrying an American citizen or permanent resident. The conditional Green Card expires after two years. The Green Card holder must file for a regular Green Card using Form I-751 within 90 days of the card’s expiration.

Often, the couple goes to file the Form I-751 together. But usually, they get a waiver on the joint filing by the USCIS. The spouse is then allowed to file for a regular Green Card on an individual basis.

To get the conditions removed from the Green Card, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:

  • Fill out the form and provide the required supporting documents. If necessary, be sure to submit translations of the supporting documents as well.
  • Visit the USCIS office and attend biometric the appointments.
  •  The USCIS field office might call you for an interview. Be certain to go to the meeting when asked for.

After processing your application, the USCIS will decide whether to provide you a new, non-conditional Green Card. It might take around six months and about $860 for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Also, you would be required to pay an extra amount of approximately $85/child that you have listed in Part 4 of the I-751 application.

This is a very simple process that can help you get across all the requisites of removing the conditions on your marriage Green Card. The good news is that if you follow the process and meet all the requirements, you can have the conditions removed from your Green Cards. If you are not aware of the process, you may consult with an immigration expert to help you with the process.

Build your new life in the U.S.

Start Here