How to get a US visa without a job offer – Move To America
Home / Immigration / How to get a US visa without a job offer

How to get a US visa without a job offer

Overseas highway in Florida

Generally, you need a job offer if you are the citizen of another country and want to work in the United States. Perhaps you may be aware that not all US work visas are provided on the basis of petitions filed by US employers for their potential workers. There are even some permanent work visas that not require the applicant to have a job offer in the US or a US sponsor. These include the EB 1, 4, and 5 visas.

The EB-1 visa is meant for foreigners who possess distinctive or unusual skills or abilities in fields like science, art, education, sports, and business. It also covers managers and executives of MNCs.

On the other hand, the EB-4 visa is issued to individuals who have exceptional conditions. As such, they are also called special immigrants. This visa also covers religious workers and workers of the United States’ foreign services.

The EB-5 visa is basically an investor visa targeted at the international business community. If you have a minimum of $500,000 to invest in the US, you may be able to immigrate to the US through the EB-5 visa.

On the contrary, the EB-2 and EB-3 visas are permanent work visas. You need a job offer in the US to work on these visas. There are also additional requirements you must meet for the EB-2 and EB-3 visas. These pertain to education, skills, and work experience.

To sponsor an employee for the EB-2 and EB-3 visas, the US employer must file a petition with the USCIS on behalf of the potential employee. The petition can be for an immigrant or non-immigrant status.

It is important for the applicant to be fully aware of the requirements of each visa type. You should consult with an immigration expert to avoid errors and undesirable delays in the processing of your application.

Build your new life in the U.S.

Start Here