E1 visa for Treaty Traders. How to apply? – Move To America
Home / Immigration / E1 visa for Treaty Traders. How to apply?

E1 visa for Treaty Traders. How to apply?

job interview mistakes

E1 visa is a temporary work visa available for treaty traders and certain employees from qualified organizations to come to the US to be able to engage in international trade. Most common types of trade include that of services, goods, banking, tourism, insurance, transport and technology.

This visa is only available to people from certain countries with which the US maintains a treaty of friendship, commerce and also a navigation arrangement.

E1 Visa essential Requirements

In order to qualify for an E1 visa, each applicant must first be a citizen of one of the following treaty countries:

  • E1 Visa Treaty Countries:
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China (Taiwan)
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Honduras
  • Iran
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • Korea (South)
  • Latvia
  • Liberia
  • Luxembourg
  • Macedonia
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Paraguay
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Singapore
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Suriname
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Thailand
  • Togo
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom

Then, a treaty trader must be coming to the United States in order to conduct substantial trade principally between the US his/her home country. A substantial trade is considered to be the continuous flow of considerable trade items or transactions that are not defined by a specific monetary value.

In case when employees of organizations which to apply for an E1 visa, they must first be coming to the United States in the capacity of an executive or supervisor that will be providing the main, ultimate control for the organization’s operations. In order to fully qualify for this visa, the organization must be at least 50% owned by persons who have the nationality of the treaty country and the applicant.

Build your new life in the U.S.
Start Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *