All you need to know about M-1 visa for vocational studies – Move To America
Home / Immigration / All you need to know about M-1 visa for vocational studies

All you need to know about M-1 visa for vocational studies

cultural diversity

M1 visa is a temporary student visa specifically designed for international students and allows them to attend an accredited vocational or non-academic school. For example a trade school or a practical training school. Even International students that want to enroll in academic study or the English language studies may also be able to apply for an F1 Visa.

M1 Visa essential Requirements

In order to qualify for the M1 visa, each applicant must be first enrolled full-time in a vocational or non-academic education program at an institution in the US that is approved. A full-time study is the one that requires at least 18 hours of study per week. All applicants are required to demonstrate sufficient funds in their bank account in order to support themselves for the duration of their course. Also, they should guarantee that they plan to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.

All M1 visa applicants are also required to meet certain health and character requirements.

M1 Visa essential Entitlements

M1 visa entitles each holder to undertake vocational study in the United States at an accredited educational institution. The M1 visa is normally granted for the duration of the course to a maximum of one year and also other extensions may be granted. M1 visa entitles its holder to engage in practical training. Or even participate in a temporary employment upon completion of their course.

All spouses and their unmarried children under 21 years of age are also eligible to apply for the applicable derivative visa (M2 visa) and be able to join their spouse or parent in the US.

Build your new life in the U.S.
Start Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *