10 Things You Need to Know About The Immigration Reform In The U.S. – Move To America
Home / Immigration / 10 Things You Need to Know About The Immigration Reform In The U.S.

10 Things You Need to Know About The Immigration Reform In The U.S.

U.S. immigrants and their U.S.-born children count approximately 80 million persons, one quarter of the total residents. With this numbers in mind, the U.S. officials are constantly pondering the immigration system in order to guarantee the settlers fair treatment, as well as protect the country from an overflow of illegal incomers. This is what you need to know about the immigration reform:

  1. Immigrants suspected of terrorism, violent criminals, gang members and recently border crossers are at the top of the deportation priority list.
  2. Since the 1990s, the U.S Border Patrol’s budget has increased by 714 percent and there is strong focus on increasing resources for border enforcement.
  3. Anyone attempting to cross the border illegally will be caught and sent back.
  4. Children who came to the U.S. before the age of 16 and have lived continuously since January 1st 2010 can receive deferred action, so they will be able to stay in the U.S. temporarily and will be considered for employment authorization.
  5. Spouses and children of Legal Permanent Residents are able to apply for a waiver from within the U.S.
  6. Parents of a U.S. citizen or of a Legal Permanent Resident, who have lived in the U.S. continuously since January 1st 2010, are eligible to apply for Deferred Action for Parental Accountability and a work permit, if they pass a background check.
  7. Low-skilled guest workers can apply for a W-visa, which, however, is not a step towards applying for permanent residency or citizenship.
  8. Employers can bring foreign workers for seasonal agricultural work. H-2A visa holders have the same workers’ rights as American workers. The document is valid for 364 days.
  9. Undocumented and low-income immigrant children in California will receive health insurance through the state’s Medicaid program.
  10. Based on President Obama’s executive actions, illegals could file and claim refunds for the last three years under the Earned Income Tax Credit.

Want to start a new life in the U.S.?
Apply Now!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *